Woah! Was that August I saw speeding past?!
After getting back from Thailand, I’ve had a crazy busy but great time getting stuck into starting up my new business Sew for Life and just last week began teaching my first course – Sew from Scratch. Exciting times!
Then I released my tutorial for the Sew Outnumbered Scooter Buddy and have been planning a blog tour which starts September 8. I’m thrilled these awesome bloggers have offered to make my little project!!
Somehow I’ve managed to fit in a bit of sewing but not a lot of blogging, so you know what that means… loads of makes to be blogged in September! Along with completing two pattern tests, I managed to finish two out of my five plans on the August sewing list but the other three are cut out ready to go so those will roll over.
Cutting to the chase…
- Bombshell swimsuit: How many times have I put this on the list? It’s now all cut ready to go and after pattern testing a boys swimsuit last week, I’m feeling much more confident in using swimsuit fabric. Just gotta start!!
- Necessary Clutch Wallet: I started this last week at Tuesday’s SFL sewing night… just gotta finish!!
- Bucket Hats: One cut out ready to go. Feeling unmotivated coz I still remember thinking after I made the last one that I never wanted to make another (ugh, sewing all those curves!) I think I can, I think I can…
- Darcy Boxer Shorts: I’ve made up one pair but have another on the to-do list ready for the hubs for father’s day.
- Peplum Top: No details to share as this is a pattern test but it’s super cute and means I get to sew for a little girl for a change – woo!
Right, I’m not adding any more coz I REALLY want to allow time to blog all the recent makes and mumma’s only got so many hours in the day!
Besides, Kids Clothes Week is coming up in October and I can also see Christmas looming on the horizon. I’m really needing some festive sewing inspiration – you got anything for me??