Another month, another sewing list (not quite) complete…
I really thought the September list would get finished this month but as it turns out, real life and heading back to work got in the way of me finally finishing my Bombshell Swimsuit. Yes…Inconvenient!!! It’s over halfway done though so it WILL happen!! I’ve even bought the fabric for the next Bombshell, yes that was (not) difficult. My expectation is to finish another one by the end of summer. Time will tell!
I kicked off September blogging by sharing a City Girl Top then followed up the next week by inviting six awesome bloggers to scoot around the globe with me and share their Scooter Buddies. Have you made one yet? It’s a free tutorial available here so be sure to send me a pic if you make one!
I also showed you the silk kimono I made – sooooo pretty!! I may even sew with silk again after I forget how frustrating it was the first time. Kind of like how you forget the pain of childbirth…
I’ve also been busy doing HEAPS of pattern testing lately – four patterns this month! I’ve shown you two so far, the Twisted Tank by Titchy Threads and the Pretty in Peplum top by Sew Much Ado. The others will be blogged very soon along with the other completed September sews.
So, on to October…
A couple of learning opportunities are coming up for me this month. I’ve signed up for a 6 week lingerie sewing course. I put lingerie in the “scary-sewing” category along with women’s jeans and men’s shirts (swimsuits have now be removed post-Bombshell). So best to learn with an expert right??
Also, my friend’s super-talented quilting mum has offered me and a few friends some casual lessons to help us enter this mind-boggling world! I definitely wouldn’t say I was a quilter… in fact after making my last one I vowed NEVER AGAIN. But then fabric always wins so the See Kate Sew Triangle Quilt is back on the do-to list. I’m always up for learning anything new so prepare to be dazzled by my new quilting skills – haha!!
Kids Clothes Week is coming up starting October 20 so there are a few makes for the kids on this list along with a dress for me and a tee for my husband. FYI, the best way to stop partners from complaining about all the fabric purchasing is to make them something. It really works!! Well, maybe they don’t stop completely but I’ve definitely noticed a reduction. Everyone’s happy.
Phew! That took a while! If you’re still reading, here’s the list…
- Dress for me – I have two paper patterns with fabric bought waiting to be sewn and just need to choose one. Either Burdastyle 7494 or New Look 6070. I’m happy to take votes!
- Strathcona Henley by Thread Theory – I’m planning to make just the regular tee (i.e. no placket) this time around.
- Raglan tee for Mr Little
- Self-drafted tee (or two) for my Big Boy (who is STILL obsessed with the Octonauts and regularly introduces himself as Captain Barnacles). I’ve been buying up loads of fun knit prints lately from a couple of Australian stockists so can’t wait to start using them!
- Small Fry Skinny Jean shorts – I’ve previously declared my love for this pattern and am keen to make a shorts version for the Captain ready for summer.
- Fancy Pants Leggings (shorts version) – Another Titchy Threads pattern, making CB PJ shorts for summer.
Finally I need to let you know that I’ve decided to have a Facebook break for the month of October. WHHHAATTTT?!?! I know, controversial right? But I’m really keen to see how much more time it gives me by reducing the distraction of the internet. I’ll still be blogging as normal but won’t be posting anything to my Facebook page so if you want to keep up to date with my posts, I’d love you to follow me either by email (no spam – just an update email once a week) or a feedreader like Bloglovin.
Has anyone else had a Facebook break before?? Did you give in or was it a success in time management??