And so another crazy month flies by! I’ve been fairly quiet on the sewing front this month with all the madness of kids’ party planning plus a long awaited holiday. Did you get a chance to check out the Captain Barnacles costume I made my 4 year old for his Octonauts party?? I also shared a couple of other wardrobe staples for my boy including these upcycled tees and his second pair of Small Fry Skinny Jeans.
We’ve just arrived home from a fun 10 days away in Thailand and are now taking a few days to recover from the travel with two kids – I’m not sure who is the most tired??! I was disappointed to not finish making the Bombshell Swimsuit I was hoping to take with me so I’ll be tacking that one onto my sewing plans for this month along with a few other projects for meeeeeee! I did manage to sew up a silk kimono before I left though and will be blogging that one soon.
I’ve also been hosting a couple of local sewing nights recently with more dates booked for the rest of the year. I’ve met some great ladies already and love checking out everyone’s projects. It also makes tedious jobs like tracing patterns and cutting fabric much more fun when you’re chatting at the same time! If you’re in Perth, we’d love you to come and join us! Check out the Events page for all the details.
Ok…a little less conversation… here’s my list for August:
1. Necessary Clutch Wallet: I’ve finally jumped on board and purchased this insanely popular pattern which even has it’s very own facebook group!
2. Prefontaine shorts: Summer’s coming so I thought I’d whip up some pj shorts using this retro inspired pattern from Made by Moxie.
3. Bombshell swimsuit: Carrying over from last month…I have the fabric and pattern traced so it’s just a matter of getting started.
4. Bucket hats for kids (free from Oliver & S): A bit of prep for the sunny weather coming up soon – Mr 4 needs a hat for daycare and the little one is fast growing out of his current one.
5. Boxer shorts for hubs: Does anyone else have a husband who complains “When are you going to make me something??” I actually bought the fabric for two pairs earlier this year (of course I have!) so am going to attempt to draft a pattern from an existing pair and make him some for Father’s Day which is the second Sunday in September.
What’s everyone else sewing up in August?
Don’t forget to check out my Pinterest boards if you’re looking for inspiration!