Wow! March was yet another busy month of sewing and blogging. Did you catch my Sewing for Baby week? I had such a great time putting it together and sharing a bunch of my favourite baby sewing projects including a bib and pram liner pattern that I put together. The rest of March was pretty much dedicated to sewing up my 50s housewife dress, participating in the Sew Much Ado Schoolboy Vest pattern test and a wedding outfit for my Big Boy (blog post coming next week). Busy Busy!
And it doesn’t look like slowing down in April!!
Another season of Kids Clothes Week is about to kick off on April 7th – is anyone else participating?? Last season was my first time joining in and I sewed together 5 garments in one week!! (See more here) I find KCW such a good motivator to get my kids’ handmade wardrobe happening and there are some amazing projects on the KCW community which is brilliant for inspiration.
Ok, so here are my plans for April:
Kids Clothes Week:
1) Small Fry Skinny Jeans by Titchy Threads for my Big Boy – I’ve resisted buying this pattern for so long – *why crazy lady??* After the pattern tour last month I couldn’t resist any longer. I can’t wait for the Big Boy to look super cool in his new skinnies!
2) Another pair of Classic Chinos by Peek A Boo patterns (affiliate link). This is the same pattern I used for his wedding outfit pants and they fitted brilliantly. This time I’m going to make them in corduroy.
3) Boys Winter PJs: Lazy Day Pajamas by Blank Slate Patterns– I picked up some adorable Bob the Builder flannelette a couple of months ago so can’t wait to make these for my Big Boy who is Bob mad!
4) Bimaa Sweater by Lou Bee Clothing – I’ve seen so many adorable versions of this sweater and figured I’d better make something for Mr Little as well. I still need to get the fabric for this one though – it calls for something with 4 way stretch so I might need to hunt around…
5) Parisian Women’s Top by Go To Patterns: I picked up this gorgeous pattern in the latest Pattern Anthology collection and I can’t WAIT to make one for myself! (There are two others on my sewing list from this collection as well but this one is FIRST!)
For the Kids:
7) Car Organiser: With a few weekend road trips coming up, it will be super handy to have one of these to attach to the back of our car seats for all the Big Boy’s books/toys etc for the car trip. Hopefully it will avoid the use of the iPad for the whole trip!!
8) Once again on the bottom of the list is the laundry hamper to snap onto my baby’s change table. I WILL finish (start!) this one day I’m sure!
Have you got any sewing plans for April?? I’d love to hear them!